So, there you are … your partner is giving you an A+ blowjob. Then, they stop and begin picking at something on their tongue. Hair has interrupted oral sex once again. Fortunately, preventing future interruptions to your intimate time is as simple as shaving around your penis. Many men shudder at the thought of taking a blade to that region of the body, but with care, you can give yourself a smooth shave and leave your partner pleased.
How to Shave Pubic Hair
Shaving your pubic region is a simple process but it takes time. Relax. Take a nice hot shower, and then get into a comfortable position. When you’re ready to start, here is what to do.
- Trim the pubic hair with hair clippers. Use clippers dedicated to this region of the body. You don’t want to spread bacteria elsewhere. You should also use small, easy to handle hair clippers and not an electric razor (the electric razor can pull hair and pinch skin).
- Find a comfortable position to work. You can sit on the closed lid of your toilet, squat on the floor, lie down, stand, or sit in a hot, shallow tub of water. Whatever you choose, make sure you are comfortable and can work with a steady hand.
- Lather the skin with a moisturising shave gel.
- Start in small areas and shave (with a fresh razor). Use your non-dominant hand to hold the skin taut and shave with the grain of hair, not against (if you must, you can shave to the side of the grain but you should avoid shaving against the grain to reduce irritation).
- Start with the area above your penis
- Move to the sides of your penis and scrotum, having along the grain and moving from out to in. Use your off-hand to hold your penis to the side to help you shave.
- Shave around the scrotum and between the scrotum and penis
- Shave over the testicles
- Rinse your skin thoroughly.
- Tend to any cuts or abrasions. Rinse them carefully and stop the bleeding before continuing.
- Finish with a moisturising lotion that contains aloe or camphor.
Tips to Make Your Shave Comfortable
Knowing the steps is only part of a successful shave. To minimise irritation and cuts, you should keep a few simple tips in mind.
The only thing that should touch your pubic region is water, lotion, and shave gel. While you may be tempted to use hair remover, don’t. It will irritate the skin and can cause damage to delicate genitals.
Like It Hot
Before you shave, take a nice, hot shower. The hot water will relax you. You will be thoroughly clean for shaving, which is idea. You will also relax and soften the skin, making it easier to shave.
Take Your Time
The best way to ensure cuts is to rush. Move slowly, use a light touch with the razor, and take your time. This is something to do in the evening, before bed. Do not try to shave when getting ready for work or a date. You want to give yourself enough time to do the job thoroughly and right.